i leanred alot abt iis and other setting in config file. Browse other questions tagged asp.net iis-7 asp.net-web-api or ask your own question. When I deployed the app to the server (windows 2008) doesn't work. Amazon The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees
404 Error Fix
Obviously I have forgotten something simple, but what is it? :) iis http-status-code-404 share|improve this question asked Apr 14 '14 at 10:44 user1301428 1,75542247 Check error log, you will If you’re not sure which server you use, contact your web host and they’ll tell you. Help them find that cheeseburger and give them something good to eat in the meantime.
- If you can’t see your new page, consider fixing the problem using the following tips.
- more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed
- Airliner takes off from JFK in 1966, gets stuck in time warp and lands in London in 2016 Partition function in classical thermodynamics cat gives different error when opening non-existing file
- Join them; it only takes a minute: Sign up Here's how it works: Anybody can ask a question Anybody can answer The best answers are voted up and rise to the
- In the Windows Features manager, select all of the boxes in Internet Information Services -> World Wide Web Services and select the box Internet Information Services -> Web Management Tools ->
- when trying to open a pdf...
- Is the "file path" something else? –Cotten Mar 13 '13 at 15:57 add a comment| 10 Answers 10 active oldest votes up vote 54 down vote accepted I don't understand why
- Reply sumitd Star 8012 Points 2128 Posts Re: On IIS getting error HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
- Your Email Password Forgot your password?
Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue. when trying to open a pdf... So after I got all the tables filled with the required data and also after properly hosting the application in IIS, my problem got resolved. Error 404 Page However when I try to access the same asp page with the URL http://localhost/default.asp I am getting the 404 error.
And depending on what they get instead of what they wanted to get, a visitor can lose their appetite. Http Error 404 - File Or Directory Not Found Program template for printing *any* string How necessary it is to have PhD students? Requested URL also changed automatically.! find this Solution 2 Accept Solution Reject Solution Indeed, the problem was with the way I had hosted the sites in my application.
May 25, 2009 03:16 AM|sumitd|LINK As you mentioned, its not working only in that particular folder. 404 - File Or Directory Not Found. Iis 8 I have hosted multiple sites in the default website in my local IIS. In IIS manager, I compared the handler mappings on both machines to realize that a lot of handlers were missing. asked 2 years ago viewed 15410 times active 9 days ago Visit Chat Related 0Change IIS Default Physical Path0IIS page cannot be found0Since installing XP SP2 I can no longer access
Http Error 404 - File Or Directory Not Found
when trying to open a pdf... Error 404 Google You need to give the write permission to folder explicitly for ASP.NET account. i.e.
Anil Ruia Software Design Engineer IIS Core Server Reply dheerak.pata... 6 Posts Re: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found error when accessing asp web page Nov 06, 2009 11:00 PM|dheerak.patani|LINK I
Th file is generated properly as i can see it in IIS where I have saved it in a folder but in appliction when I attempt to open it an an when trying to open a pdf... And it is not creating web.config file, it is looking for web.config file - not finding that is ok - IIS7 also uses web.config files for its configuration. 404 - File Or Directory Not Found. The Resource You Are Looking For Might Thanks for your idea.
Simple Change, Big Results Imagine the moment right before you bite into a cheeseburger. Sign In Join Search IIS Home Downloads Learn Reference Solutions Technologies .NET Framework ASP.NET PHP Media Windows Server SQL Server Web App Gallery Microsoft Azure Tools Visual Studio Expression Studio Windows Visit: www.msblogdirectory.com www.dotnetspeaks.com Reply Nisha Balwat... Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus.
This article describes a update that enables certain Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or IIS 7.5 handlers to handle requests whose URLs do not end with a period. All I did was put the details in again. –Lisa Apr 16 '14 at 6:44 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote I had this same problem. Here's what I have now: Please visit THIS link[^] to understand this question more clearly. May 18, 2009 02:45 AM|Nisha Balwatkar|LINK I have given 'Write' and 'Directory Browsing' permissions to the website(which also applies to the folder where file resides).
Please visit THIS link[^] to understand this question more clearly. May 18, 2009 02:45 AM|Nisha Balwatkar|LINK I have given 'Write' and 'Directory Browsing' permissions to the website(which also applies to the folder where file resides).